The weather’s a little cooler, kids all across the country have gone back to school and Starbucks rolled out its Pumpkin Spice Latte. You know what that means – fall is finally here. And you know what else that means? It’s time for football season!
This week marks the first time since February that we’ll get to see our favorite NFL teams duel it out on the gridiron. You may have already dusted off your official team jersey and picked up a 24-pack in anticipation for Sunday’s games, but are you really ready? We’ve put together a list of “must-haves” for the 2011 season, just to make sure you have all your ducks in a row before Sunday.
- Television. Well, duh, right? But if you really want to feel like you’re a part of the action – and you don’t want your buddies ragging on you for hosting a party with a 20-inch set – you might want to swing by La Familia to check out our selection of LCDs, LEDs and plasmas. If you’re looking for something specific, call ahead and one of our SLAs will be happy to let you know what we have in stock – especially if you throw an invite to the party his or her way.
- Stereo system. Can’t live without Marv Albert’s voice ringing in your ears? We thought so. For the ultimate experience, consider hooking up a sweet stereo system that will enable you to hear the crunch of every hit like the game is being played in your living room. Added bonus: a great stereo system will help drown out the sound of your obnoxious friend cheering for a team you hate.
- Mini-fridge. For easy access to the beer and dip. Need we say more?
- Mobile phones and iPads. We’ve all experienced dread deep in the season when realizing that we forgot to set up our fantasy team – but are nowhere near a computer to change the line-up. The convenience of a smartphone with fantasy football applications or an iPad’s mobile Web capabilities will keep you in the running for the grand prize no matter where you are.
- Tickets and team merchandise/memorabilia. The prices on tickets to that big game you’re dying to attend probably aren’t going to go down, but we have a solution. Do a quick sweep around your house for any old electronics, household items, tools or jewelry you don’t use and head down to La Familia for some quick cash. Don’t forget, we’ll take anything of value – and we’re paying a premium on gold right now.
So, hurry up! You just have a couple more days to get fully stocked up for Sunday – and we don’t mean with beer (but don’t forget the beer).